Who’s looking for super easy, super quick, super good gluten free snack to satisfy your strongest sugar/salt craving? I was at a luncheon the other day and these bite sized nuggets of goodness were served. They certainly aren’t Reese’s peanutbutter cups 🙂 but I bet you could keep adapting the recipe to get them closer 🙂
Anyway, I seriously made a batch using one bowl, a whisk, a scraper, a pan, and a microwave. Dreamy! So here you go…
Creamy peanut butter
You can definitely go with natural and unsalted peanut butters – but I haven’t gotten to that point of healthy treats yet 🙂
Honey or pure maple syrup
Gluten free rolled oats
Directions for the bars:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey or syrup
1 1/4 gluten free oats
- Line an 8 inch spare pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
- In microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter and maple syrup/honey. Blend together with a whisk. Microwave in 30 second intervals and whisk in between until warm, smooth, and a little bubbly.
- Add the oats. Combine until peanut butter mixture and oats are throughly blended.
- Pour oat mixture into the parchment lined pan and press until evenly dispersed.
Directions for the chocolate layer on top:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Wipe out that microwavable bowl and add remaining peanut butter and chocolate chips. Stir together and again in 30 second increments, heat in microwave until mixture can be blended completely and is smooth.
- Pour over the oat mixture already in the pain and spread evenly.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm on top. Remove and slice into small bars – you may need to wait for them to thaw a bit to get a good cut.