Are you now looking at all of those apples and wondering how you could possibly get through them all?
How about an apple caramel sundae using the apple as the your dish?
Cute, delicious, and pretty easy…
Apples Butter (if desired)
Cinnamon Vanilla Ice Cream
Sugar Caramel sauce (see below)
For some crunch: Granola (see recipe in blog or another favorite), Nuts,
Snyder’s Salted Caramel Pretzel bits (A new favorite!! Savory sweet crunch – umm!)
1. Heat over to 350 degrees.
2. Hollow up the apples with a corer, melon scoop, or firm metal spoon.
3. For richer flavor, rub inside of apple with soft butter (make sure to “dry” inside of apple so the butter sticks). You can also skip this part.
4. Mix your cinnamon and sugar together (use your own favorite proportions). Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture inside the apples.
5. Bake apples for 20 minutes and then let cool. Once cool, scoop in your favorite vanilla ice cream and pour caramel sauce of them. For a little crunch, top with granola, nuts, my new favorite pretzel bits, or get creative!
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup half and half
4 Tablespoons butter
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until mixtures thickens. Add the vanilla and cook one more minute to thicken sauce further. Turn off the heat and cool. (You can store extra sauce in a jar in the refrigerator. Just microwave for a few seconds to make sauce “saucey” again after refrigerating.)
Kensington Real Estate Brokerage – Servicing clients from Boston to Providence! North Attleboro, Attleboro, Plainville, Wrentham, Mansfield, Norton, Foxboro, Sharon, Seekonk, Cumberland, North Smithfield, Providence, Lincoln