I haven’t tried this yet, but I do love anything displayed in a mason jar! These will be fun to try and look great out on the back patio and porch or out by the pool. So easy to move around and they certainly will add a little ambiance anywhere they end up. Plus they’ll offer wonderful scents, charm to tables, conversation starters, and maybe keep a bug or two away!
Let me know how you make out…
Supplies You Need:
- 4 Mason Jars (you can also recycle jelly jars, etc)
- 40 drops each – Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon and Thieves essential oils (or use your own combination of oils but these are known to help to repel the buggies)
- 2 fresh lemons
- 2 fresh limes
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Floating tea light candles
To Assemble these are just so easy. I lined up my 4 mason jars and here’s what you do:
- Slice the lemons and the limes and set aside for a moment – I like to have two each just in case but you can possibly use one each
- Place two sprigs of rosemary into each jar
- Fill each jar 3/4 full with water
- Add the essential oils of your choice – 10 drops each per jar – and swirl slightly
- Place a slice each of lemon and lime into each jar
- Add more water if needed to raise the level to almost full
- Place a floating tea light candle on top
- Set outside, light and make some magic once you light them*
- Replace tea lights as needed – I recommend having some extras on hand!
- Discard fruit and liquid in jar after 2 – 3 days depending on your climate; rinse jars and start fresh as needed
*Never leave candles unattended or in reach of small children; Make sure the mixture in jars is not ingested.
For more information check out Claire’s full article at http://alittleclaireification.com/
Jen McMorran, Realtor * 508-930-5259 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Kensington Real Estate Brokerage * www.jenmcmorran.realtor