This was a big hit for my family and friends last Thanksgiving. Absolutely delicious, not too sweet, and looked really pretty on the table and in people’s hands as they carried them around (though they didn’t get too far before finishing!)
1 pound fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
½ gallon water
½ gallon apple juice, chilled
16 ounce cinnamon whiskey (Fireball) , chilled
1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
Additional fresh cranberries for garnish
Cinnamon sticks for garnish
1. Combine cranberries, sugar, and water over medium-high heat, and cook until berries are completely soft and “mushy”. They will “pop” , cook down, and become soft in about 10 minutes.
2. Strain and set aside to completely cool before adding to the punch.
3. Thinly slice the apples and oranges and layer into a punch bowl. Add cranberry juice, apple juice, and whiskey and stir gently to combine.
4. Pour in bottle of sparkling wine and add some cranberries for an additional colorful garnish.
5. Serve and enjoy!
* Juice, Fireball whiskey, and sparkling wine should be chilled prior to making punch. To keep punch cold without diluting with ice, freeze apple juice in a ring or ice cube tray and float in the punch.
The punch went great with my Butterball!
This homemade punch is delicious and could not be easier to make. As an added bonus, my daughters and I also discovered a new use for our left over bags of cranberries from Christmas and Thanksgiving. Cooking a bag of cranberries with a half gallon of water and a cup of sugar actually makes an awesome batch of cranberry juice. Never would have thought about it before making this recipe!! I bet it would make a nice non-alcoholic punch as well by adding sparkling apple cider and cinnamon sticks. Looking forward to trying that next!
ATTLEBORO: 3BR, 2.5BA Townhouse, 1800sf, high-end finishes, $315,000
ATTLEBORO: 3 bedroom uptown Colonial with great backyard, $214,900
REHOBOTH: Welcoming 3BR, 2.5BA, 2500sf Colonial, 1.42acre wooded lot. $464,900
ATTLEBORO: Luxury New Construction – No Wait! NEW 4BR, 2.5BA Colonial, Brigham Hill Estates, $615,000. Up & Ready for the holidays!
Serving clients throughout Massachusetts & Rhode Island
Boston to Attleboro to Providence and the communities in between.