I had you at Fireball didn’t I? 🙂
This was a big hit for my family and friends last Thanksgiving. Absolutely delicious, not too sweet, and looked really pretty on the table and in people’s hands as they carried them around (though they didn’t get too far before finishing!)
1 pound fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
½ gallon water
½ gallon apple juice, chilled
16 ounce cinnamon whiskey (Fireball) , chilled
1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
Additional fresh cranberries for garnish
Cinnamon sticks for garnish
1. Combine cranberries, sugar, and water over medium-high heat, and cook until berries are completely soft and “mushy”. They will “pop” , cook down, and become soft in about 10 minutes.
2. Strain and set aside to completely cool before adding to the punch.
3. Thinly slice the apples and oranges and layer into a punch bowl. Add cranberry juice, apple juice, and whiskey and stir gently to combine.
4. Pour in bottle of sparkling wine and add some cranberries for an additional colorful garnish.
5. Serve and enjoy!
The punch went great with my Butterball!
* Juice, Fireball whiskey, and sparkling wine should be chilled prior to making punch. To keep punch cold without diluting with ice, freeze apple juice in a ring or ice cube tray and float in the punch.
This homemade punch is delicious and could not be easier to make. As an added bonus, my daughters and I also discovered a new use for our left over bags of cranberries from Christmas and Thanksgiving. Cooking a bag of cranberries with a half gallon of water and a cup of sugar actually makes an awesome batch of cranberry juice. Never would have thought about it before making this recipe!! I bet it would make a nice non-alcoholic punch as well by adding sparkling apple cider and cinnamon sticks. Looking forward to trying that next!
It is my true pleasure to work hard for my clients and your referrals throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Cape Cod. Please let me know what questions you may have and how I can be of the best assistance to you.
Jennifer McMorran, Realtor, SRES
New Construction & First Time Home Buyer Specialist
MA, RI, and Cape Cod & Islands Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
New Homes Team Kensington Real Estate Brokerage
real people. real estate.
Serving clients throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Cape Cod & the Islands.
Boston – Attleboro – Providence – Cape Cod … and the Communities in between.